Global Employment Solutions & PEO in Ukraine
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in Ukraine. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- Ukrainian hryvnia (₴, UAH)
- Payroll Frequency
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in Ukraine. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in Ukraine typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in Ukraine in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in Ukraine.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in Ukraine.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in Ukraine.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in Ukraine
Employer costs include Social Security Contributions. Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in Ukraine
18% flat rate.
Working Hours in Ukraine
UPD (Aug2022). During the period of martial law (currently established until 21 November 2022 unless extended further or terminated earlier) normal working hours of employees employed at critical infrastructure facilities (in the defence sector, sector of ensuring of daily living, etc.). may be increased to 60 hours per week.
Holidays & Vacation in Ukraine
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 - New Year (Новий Рік)
- Sunday, Jan 02, 2022 - New Year (Новий Рік)
- Monday, Jan 03, 2022 - New Year (substitute day) (Новий Рік (замінити день))
- Tuesday, Jan 04, 2022 - New Year (substitute day) (Новий Рік (замінити день))
- Friday, Jan 07, 2022 - Orthodox Christmas (Різдво)
- Tuesday, Mar 08, 2022 - International Women's Day (Міжнародний жіночий день)
- Sunday, Apr 24, 2022 - Orthodox Easter (Великдень)
- Monday, Apr 25, 2022 - Orthodox Easter (Великдень)
- Sunday, May 01, 2022 - Labour Day (День міжнародної солідарності трудящих)
- Monday, May 02, 2022 - Labour Day (День міжнародної солідарності трудящих)
- Tuesday, May 03, 2022 - Labour Day (substitute day) (День міжнародної солідарності трудящих (замінити день))
- Monday, May 09, 2022 - Victory Day (День перемоги над нацизмом у Другій світовій війні)
- Sunday, Jun 12, 2022 - Pentecost (Трійця)
- Monday, Jun 13, 2022 - Pentecost (Трійця)
- Tuesday, Jun 28, 2022 - Constitution Day (День Конституції)
- Wednesday, Aug 24, 2022 - Independence Day (День Незалежності)
- Friday, Oct 14, 2022 - Defender of Ukraine Day (День захисника України)
Sick Leave Entitlement in Ukraine
Employees are entitled to sick leave in Ukraine. Benefits are paid out on the basis of a sick note/official form from a doctor or medical practitioner. The employer typically pays the first 5 days of sick leave at 100% and the State Temporary Disability Fund pays the remainder.
Benefits are based on the employee’s duration of employment and vary between 60% to 100%.
Certain employees (eg. persons affected by Chernobyl nuclear accident) entitled to 100% salary regardless of social insurance record.
Parental Leave in Ukraine
Maternity Leave: Mothers are entitled to 126 days (or 140 days for multiple births, or in case of complications in birth). Maternity leave is fully paid by the Social Security Fund and equals 100% of the employee's average salary.
Paternity Leave: Fathers are entitled to14 days unpaid paternity leave.
Annual Leave Entitlement in Ukraine
Statutory minimum amount of annual leave is 24 calendar days after the employee has completed 6 months of continuous service to the employer. If the employer grants annual leave days before the end of this 6 month period the duration of leave is calculated on a pro rata basis for the time they have been employed - approximate rate is 2 vacation days allocated for each month that the employee has worked.
Severance Pay Entitlement in Ukraine
Employees are entitled to severance pay if dismissed for redundancy. The amount of severance generally is one month's salary.
If an employee terminates an employment contract for the employer's violation of the labor laws or the employment agreement, the employee has a right to a severance payment of three average monthly wages.
Termination in Ukraine
Termination in Ukraine is possible with and without cause with reasons listed in the Labour Code. Procedural requirements and notice requirements apply.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in Ukraine.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in Ukraine are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.