Not long ago, employer-sponsored visas were reserved for only the most specialized roles. Fast forward a couple of years, with the COVID-19 pandemic and the rise of global teams, and visa sponsorships are now an essential tool for global-first organizations that want to attract and retain the best talent.
According to our Global Teams report, ambitious companies that embrace global teams will benefit from increased innovation, problem-solving, profitability, and economic growth. But managing a global visa program and ensuring compliance across multiple countries is both time-consuming and expensive.
That’s where Employer of Record (EOR) services like Omnipresent can help. Omnipresent’s expertise-backed service setup differentiates us from typical Professional Employer Organization (PEO) and EOR providers. We aim to liberate HR teams from the administrative complexities of compliance, benefits, and payroll associated with hiring internationally. And now we’re offering visa application support and sponsorship in over 50 countries to help companies build the best teams on earth.
What Is the Omnipresent Visa Sponsorship Process?
Employment visa applications are often long, tenuous processes filled with confusing paperwork and unknown trip hazards. And many companies lack the expertise and resources to manage all of these complexities internally. Fortunately, Omnipresent’s visa support and sponsorship services make this experience much easier. Our dedicated team of experts is on hand to help you and your team members understand the various visa options, apply for sponsorship, and then navigate each step so you can hire and manage a global team with confidence.
Here’s the process you can expect when you use Omnipresent’s visa support services:
- Consult with your dedicated account team: Your dedicated account team can guide you through the process and requirements for visa sponsorship. Get country-specific deep dives into the total cost of employment, salary benchmarks, estimated visa expenses, and a list of the countries most favorable to visa sponsorship.
- Apply for the visa: Omnipresent or one of our trusted partners will then apply for visa sponsorship on behalf of the eligible employee(s).
- Support for you and your team member(s): We’re here to help you and your team member(s) navigate all the complex immigration and compliance regulations to give you complete peace of mind that you have an expert partner by your side.
- Relocate or move employee(s): Our partners take care of helping employees relocate or move smoothly, taking care of things like accommodation searches, bank account setup, doctor registration, tax registration, and more.
Book a call with our team to get started.
What Do You Need to Know Before Applying for Visa Sponsorship?
The visa application process is a complex one, so here are some important things to consider before applying:
- Visas are not guaranteed: While Omnipresent and our partners are able to provide visa support and sponsorship, final visa and immigration decisions are at the discretion of the respective governmental agency.
- Unexpected costs: Each country has different cost structures and criteria for employment visas, such as background and medical checks, so it’s a good idea to prepare and budget for unexpected expenses. Omnipresent can help you prepare for these costs as much as possible.
- Criteria vary by country and type: The requirements for employee visas vary depending on the country of application and the type of visa. Our specialists can advise you on which countries have historically been the most favorable for employment visa sponsorship.
- Criteria vary for the employee based on nationality and role: Certain countries provide a smoother path to immigration based on the nationality and role of the employee. For example, an employee moving from one European Union (EU) country to another can begin working simply by registering their address. Non-EU residents have much more stringent criteria. The employee’s role may also be a factor. Some countries give preference to shortage occupations, while others treat all roles equally.
- Visa timelines are unpredictable: There are many factors that influence the process and timeline of applications, so be prepared for delays in employment start dates. But rest assured that Omnipresent will help provide clarity on timelines and visa statuses along the way.
In Which Countries Can Omnipresent Support Visa Sponsorship?
Currently, we support visas in over 50 countries globally, but we’re constantly evaluating more countries where we can help companies hire the best talent.
Here are 10 of the most popular countries we currently provide visa sponsorship in:
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Build the Best Teams on Earth with Omnipresent
Whether you’re planning to hire new talent internationally or relocate an existing employee, Omnipresent can help manage the visa application and sponsorship process for you.
Book a meeting with us today, or reach out to your dedicated account team for more information.