Global Employment Solutions & PEO in Bulgaria
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in Bulgaria. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- Bulgarian lev (лв, BGN)
- Payroll Frequency
- Employment Costs
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in Bulgaria. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in Bulgaria typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in Bulgaria in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in Bulgaria.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in Bulgaria.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in Bulgaria.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in Bulgaria
Employer costs include Pension Fund Employees (born after 1960), Health Insurance, and Additional Obligatory Pension Fund Employees (born after 1960). Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in Bulgaria
Income earned by an employee from work in Bulgaria is taxable at a flat rate of 10%.
Working Hours in Bulgaria
Standard 40 hours per week.
Overtime permitted with limitations, regulated by law.
Holidays & Vacation in Bulgaria
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 - New Year's Day (Нова Година)
- Thursday, Mar 03, 2022 - Liberation Day (Ден на Освобождението на България от Османската Империя)
- Friday, Apr 22, 2022 - Good Friday (Разпети петък)
- Sunday, Apr 24, 2022 - Easter Sunday (Великден)
- Monday, Apr 25, 2022 - Easter Monday (Велики понеделник)
- Sunday, May 01, 2022 - Labour Day (Ден на труда)
- Friday, May 06, 2022 - St. George's Day (Гергьовден)
- Tuesday, May 24, 2022 - Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Literature Day (Ден на азбуката, културата и просветата)
- Tuesday, Sep 06, 2022 - Unification Day (Ден на съединението)
- Thursday, Sep 22, 2022 - Independence Day (Ден на независимостта)
- Saturday, Dec 24, 2022 - Christmas Eve (Бъдни вечер)
- Sunday, Dec 25, 2022 - Christmas Day (Коледа)
Sick Leave Entitlement in Bulgaria
Generous sick leave entitlements. Payment by Social Security.
Parental Leave in Bulgaria
Generous maternity/paternity/parental leaves. Generally paid for the most part by Social Security.
Annual Leave Entitlement in Bulgaria
Minimum 20 days paid leave per year (plus PH).
Law provides for exceptions and requirements. Carry over admissable.
Additional leaves apply.
Severance Pay Entitlement in Bulgaria
Severance can be mandatory under certain conditions. Severance paid out to employee depending on dismissal type.
Termination in Bulgaria
Terminations heavily regulated. Major blocks for specific categories. Procedural requirements depending on size/number of dismissals.
Notice periods subject to specific conditions.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in Bulgaria.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in Bulgaria are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.