Global Employment Solutions & PEO in Uruguay
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in Uruguay. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- Uruguayan peso ($, UYU)
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in Uruguay. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in Uruguay typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in Uruguay in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in Uruguay.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in Uruguay.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in Uruguay.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in Uruguay
Employer costs include Pension Fund, National Health Fund (Fonasa), and Industrial Accidents and Occupational Diseases Insurance. Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in Uruguay
The rate of personal taxation varies depending on the income tax bracket the individual belongs to. This ranges between 0% - 36%.
Working Hours in Uruguay
Employees cannot work more than 44 (regarding trading sector)/48 (regarding industry sector) hours per week, 8 hours per day (6 days a week with 1 break day, Sunday). Overtime is capped and compensated.
Holidays & Vacation in Uruguay
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Sunday, Jan 01, 2023 - New Year's Day (Año Nuevo)
- Thursday, Apr 06, 2023 - Maundy Thursday (Jueves Santo)
- Friday, Apr 07, 2023 - Good Friday (Viernes Santo)
- Monday, May 01, 2023 - Labour Day (Día del trabajador)
- Tuesday, Jul 18, 2023 - Constitution Day (Día de la Constitución)
- Friday, Aug 25, 2023 - Independence Day (Día de la Independencia)
- Monday, Dec 25, 2023 - Christmas Day (Navidad)
Sick Leave Entitlement in Uruguay
Employees in Uruguay are entitled to 12 months sick leave. In special circumstances this can further be extended to 24 months.
The first 3 days of sick leave are paid in full by the employer. From the 4th day onward the employee is paid 70% of their wages by the institute of Social Security (BPS).
Parental Leave in Uruguay
Maternity Leave: Maternity leave in Uruguay consists of 6 weeks leave before birth and 8 weeks leave after birth paid by the BPS .
Paternity Leave:Paternity leave consists of 13 days of leave from the day of childbirth. The employer pays the first three days, and the next ten days are paid by the BPS.
Annual Leave Entitlement in Uruguay
After 1 year service: 20 days paid annual leave per year.
During first year of employment, employees accumulate the right to take holiday in the following year.
For every 4 years of work with the same employer employees are entitled to 1 additional holiday day (capped at 25 days). The company has to give this benefit when the employee has been working at the company for 5 years.
All employees are entitled to paid holidays i.e. in addition to their right to 20 days of paid holiday leave, they must be given an additional payment, equivalent to 100% of their take home pay for those 20 days.
Severance Pay Entitlement in Uruguay
Severance is typically required in Uruguay, unless in case of redundancy. However, other payments may be required in certain specific circumstances.
Termination in Uruguay
Termination is simple in Uruguay but requires severance payment for termination without cause. There are additional procedural requirements for termination with cause.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in Uruguay.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Expertise at your fingertips
Book your free consultation with one of our experts to see how easy it can be to employ in .
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in Uruguay are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.
Our clients rate us over 4.7 out of 5.
Want to see why?
Source: Trustpilot and G2 reviews in November 2022