Global Employment Solutions & PEO in Latvia
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in Latvia. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- Euro (€, EUR)
- Payroll Frequency
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in Latvia. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in Latvia typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in Latvia in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in Latvia.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in Latvia.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in Latvia.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in Latvia
Employer costs include State Social Insurance. Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in Latvia
The rate of personal taxation varies depending on the income tax bracket the individual belongs to. This ranges between 20% - 31%.
Working Hours in Latvia
Average 5-day working week amounts to 40 hours of work. The overtime must be agreed upon in writing. The employee is entitled to an additional minimum of 50 to 100% hourly wage.
Holidays & Vacation in Latvia
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Sunday, Jan 01, 2023 - New Year's Day (Jaunais Gads)
- Friday, Apr 07, 2023 - Good Friday (Lielā Piektdiena)
- Sunday, Apr 09, 2023 - Easter Sunday (Lieldienas)
- Monday, Apr 10, 2023 - Easter Monday (Otrās Lieldienas)
- Monday, May 01, 2023 - Labour Day (Darba svētki)
- Thursday, May 04, 2023 - Restoration of Independence day (Latvijas Republikas Neatkarības atjaunošanas diena)
- Friday, Jun 23, 2023 - Midsummer Eve (Līgo Diena)
- Saturday, Jun 24, 2023 - Midsummer (Jāņi)
- Saturday, Nov 18, 2023 - Republic Day (Latvijas Republikas proklamēšanas diena)
- Monday, Nov 20, 2023 - Republic Day (substitute day) (Latvijas Republikas proklamēšanas diena (aizstājējs diena))
- Sunday, Dec 24, 2023 - Christmas Eve (Ziemassvētku vakars)
- Monday, Dec 25, 2023 - Christmas Day (Ziemassvētki)
- Tuesday, Dec 26, 2023 - Boxing Day (Otrie Ziemassvētki)
- Sunday, Dec 31, 2023 - New Year's Eve (Vecgada vakars)
Sick Leave Entitlement in Latvia
If sufficient social contributions were paid, the employee gets payments, paid by the employer or state, depending on the duration of the sickness.
Parental Leave in Latvia
Maternity and parental leave of 56 days each, irrespective of the number of days of prenatal leave utilised prior to childbirth.
Father 10 days of paid leave within 2 months after birth.
Annual Leave Entitlement in Latvia
Minimum of 4 weeks paid annual leave granted in parts. One part of the leave in the current year shall not be less than 2 uninterrupted calendar weeks.
Severance Pay Entitlement in Latvia
Depending on the cause of termination a severance payment can be due. The amount depends on the total time of service.
Termination in Latvia
Termination of the employment contract is subject to statutorily provided causes and different notice periods.
Termination without cause is not permitted.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in Latvia.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Expertise at your fingertips
Book your free consultation with one of our experts to see how easy it can be to employ in .
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in Latvia are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.
Our clients rate us over 4.7 out of 5.
Want to see why?
Source: Trustpilot and G2 reviews in November 2022