Global Employment Solutions & PEO in Luxembourg
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in Luxembourg. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- Euro (€, EUR)
- French, German, Luxembourgish
- Payroll Frequency
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in Luxembourg. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in Luxembourg typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in Luxembourg in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in Luxembourg.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in Luxembourg.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in Luxembourg.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in Luxembourg
Employer costs include Pension, Medical Insurance, and Employer's Mutual Medical Insurance Scheme. Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in Luxembourg
Income is taxed at progressive rates, which apply to different brackets and at different rates based on whether the employee is single or married.
Working Hours in Luxembourg
8hrs p/day - 40hrs p/wk. 5 day week. Regulation on working hours does not apply to salaried workers working from home, traveling salespeople and sales representatives and senior management.
Holidays & Vacation in Luxembourg
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 - New Year's Day (Nouvel An)
- Monday, Apr 18, 2022 - Easter Monday (Lundi de Pâques)
- Sunday, May 01, 2022 - Labour Day (1er mai)
- Monday, May 09, 2022 - Europe Day (Journée de l'Europe)
- Thursday, May 26, 2022 - Ascension Day (Ascension)
- Monday, Jun 06, 2022 - Whit Monday (Lundi de Pentecôte)
- Thursday, Jun 23, 2022 - L’anniversaire du Grand-Duc (L’anniversaire du Grand-Duc)
- Monday, Aug 15, 2022 - Assumption (Assomption)
- Tuesday, Nov 01, 2022 - All Saints' Day (Toussaint)
- Sunday, Dec 25, 2022 - Christmas Day (Noël)
- Monday, Dec 26, 2022 - Boxing Day (Lendemain de Noël)
Sick Leave Entitlement in Luxembourg
Employees shall inform the employer on the 1st day of sick leave and submit a Medical Certificate by the 3rd day. Sick leave may last up to 6 months in a reference period of 18 consecutive months.
Employers pay 100% salary up to the 77th day of sick leave (whether consecutive or not).
Parental Leave in Luxembourg
Maternity: Luxembourg has strong maternity leave regulations. Mothers are entitled to 20 weeks maternity leave, 8 weeks before and 12 weeks after birth. Pregnant women and post-pregnancy employees have additional rights.
Paternity: By law, the father is entitled to 10 days of paid paternity leave.
Annual Leave Entitlement in Luxembourg
Employees in Luxembourg are entitled to a minimum of 26 working days of paid vacation per year, which doesn't include public holidays.
Severance Pay Entitlement in Luxembourg
Entitlement to severance depends on the employee’s length of continuous service with the same employer and ranges between 1-12 months salary.
Termination in Luxembourg
Termination permissible with immediate effect for gross misconduct or with notice for real and serious cause connected with the employees' attitude, aptitude or for operating needs of the business (ie, economic ground).
Employers must notify dismissals to the Social Security Centre (Centre Commun de la Sécurité Sociale).
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in Luxembourg.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in Luxembourg are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.