Global Employment Solutions & PEO in New Zealand
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in New Zealand. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- New Zealand dollar ($, NZD)
- English, Māori
- Payroll Frequency
- Employment Costs
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in New Zealand. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in New Zealand typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in New Zealand in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in New Zealand.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in New Zealand.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in New Zealand.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in New Zealand
Employer costs include Accident Compensation (ACC) Levy and KiwiSaver Contribution (Pension). Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in New Zealand
The rate of personal taxation varies depending on the income tax bracket the individual belongs to. This ranges between 10.5% - 39%.
Working Hours in New Zealand
Typical working hours in New Zealand are max. 40 hours/week, unless otherwise agreed upon. Employers cannot require more than 40 hours per week, unless they're covered by an "availability provision."
There are no statutory limits to length of overtime or requirements for increased payment. Some employees and employers can come to an agreement on specific terms for overtime.
Holidays & Vacation in New Zealand
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 - New Year's Day (New Year's Day)
- Sunday, Jan 02, 2022 - Day after New Year's Day (Day after New Year's Day)
- Monday, Jan 03, 2022 - New Year's Day (substitute day) (New Year's Day (substitute day))
- Tuesday, Jan 04, 2022 - Day after New Year's Day (substitute day) (Day after New Year's Day (substitute day))
- Sunday, Feb 06, 2022 - Waitangi Day (Waitangi Day)
- Monday, Feb 07, 2022 - Waitangi Day (substitute day) (Waitangi Day (substitute day))
- Friday, Apr 15, 2022 - Good Friday (Good Friday)
- Monday, Apr 18, 2022 - Easter Monday (Easter Monday)
- Monday, Apr 25, 2022 - ANZAC Day (ANZAC Day)
- Monday, Jun 06, 2022 - Queen's Birthday (Queen's Birthday)
- Friday, Jun 24, 2022 - Matariki (Matariki)
- Monday, Sep 26, 2022 - National Day of Mourning for Queen Elizabeth II (National Day of Mourning for Queen Elizabeth II)
- Monday, Oct 24, 2022 - Labour Day (Labour Day)
- Sunday, Dec 25, 2022 - Christmas Day (Christmas Day)
- Monday, Dec 26, 2022 - Boxing Day (Boxing Day)
- Tuesday, Dec 27, 2022 - Christmas Day (substitute day) (Christmas Day (substitute day))
Sick Leave Entitlement in New Zealand
Employees are entitled to 10 paid sick days/personal days annually after 6 months of consecutive service with the current employer.
Parental Leave in New Zealand
Primary Carers Leave: 26 weeks paid leave for each child by the government. Additionally 26 weeks unpaid leave.
Partners leave: 1 week unpaid leave after 6 months of employment and 2 weeks of unpaid leave after 12 months of employment Parental leave: Includes primary carers leave, special leave, partners leave and extended leave.
Annual Leave Entitlement in New Zealand
Min. 20 working days paid annual leave (+PH). Full entitlement kicks in after 12 months of continuous service. If a fixed-term contract is less than 12 months, the employer must pay employees an 8% of gross earnings instead of annual leave.
Severance Pay Entitlement in New Zealand
No right to severance payments unless specified in the employment agreement.
Termination in New Zealand
Only termination for cause is permitted. In all cases, employers must have genuine grounds for termination and carry out a fair process.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in New Zealand.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in New Zealand are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.