Global Employment Solutions & PEO in United Kingdom
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in United Kingdom. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- British pound (£, GBP)
- Payroll Frequency
- Employment Costs
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in the United Kingdom.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in the UK.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in the UK.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in United Kingdom
Employer costs include Workplace Pension and National Insurance. Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in United Kingdom
Employee Income Tax is deducted at source. The rate of personal taxation varies depending on the income tax bracket the individual belongs to. This ranges between 0% - 40%.
Working Hours in United Kingdom
The UK adopted the EU Working Hours Directive into its laws. However, in the UK you have the ability to opt out of the 48 hours per week maximum in the employment contract, as long as the employee consents. This is market practice in virtually all office jobs.
Employers do not have to pay overtime unless it is outlined in the contract.
Holidays & Vacation in United Kingdom
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 - New Year's Day
- Monday, Jan 03, 2022 - New Year's Day (substitute day)
- Friday, Apr 15, 2022 - Good Friday
- Monday, Apr 18, 2022 - Easter Monday
- Monday, May 02, 2022 - Early May bank holiday
- Thursday, Jun 02, 2022 - Spring bank holiday
- Friday, Jun 03, 2022 - Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- Monday, Sep 19, 2022 - Queen Elizabeth's Funeral Day
- Sunday, Dec 25, 2022 - Christmas Day
- Monday, Dec 26, 2022 - Boxing Day
- Tuesday, Dec 27, 2022 - Christmas Day (substitute day)
Sick Leave Entitlement in United Kingdom
The UK offers 28 weeks of protected and paid sick leave.
Minimum sick pay very low - only £96.35 per week (as at 1 April 2021) and must be paid by the employer, not the government. Most employers will offer sick leave at full pay for a period of time, 4 - 12 weeks would be usual.
Parental Leave in United Kingdom
Maternity is up to 52 weeks (i.e. 1 year), the first 39 weeks of which are paid.
Paternity is 2 weeks paid, but parents can choose to share the Maternity Leave if they wish.
Annual Leave Entitlement in United Kingdom
The UK offers a minimum of 28 working days paid annual leave, inclusive of public holidays. The UK currently has 8 regular public holidays.
However, it is common for employers to give more than this. Market standard would be 25-28 days excluding public holidays.
Severance Pay Entitlement in United Kingdom
There is no mandatory severance pay when employees resign or are terminated, unless it is a formal redundancy.
Termination in United Kingdom
In the first 2 years of service, employers can terminate without cause.
For employees with more than 2 years of service, employers can only terminate if they have a valid reason, which can be due to the employee's behaviour or performance, but must follow a ‘fair and reasonable process’.
Employers must be given notice in all cases, except gross misconduct.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in United Kingdom.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in United Kingdom are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.