Global Employment Solutions & PEO in Albania
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in Albania. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- Albanian lek (L, ALL)
- Payroll Frequency
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in Albania. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in Albania typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in Albania in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in Albania.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in Albania.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in Albania.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in Albania
Employer costs include Social Security and Health Insurance contributions. Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in Albania
The rate of personal taxation varies depending on the income tax bracket the individual belongs to. This ranges between 0% - 23%.
Working Hours in Albania
The maximum working hours in Albania are 40 hours per week and 8 hours per day. Overtime is capped and compensated.
Holidays & Vacation in Albania
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 - New Year's Day (Viti i Ri)
- Sunday, Jan 02, 2022 - New Year Holiday (Festa e Vitit të Ri)
- Monday, Jan 03, 2022 - New Year Holiday (substitute day) (Festa e Vitit të Ri (ditë zëvendësuese))
- Monday, Mar 14, 2022 - Summer Day (Dita e Verës)
- Tuesday, Mar 22, 2022 - Sultan Nevruz's Day (Dita e Sulltan Nevruzit)
- Sunday, Apr 17, 2022 - Catholic Easter (Pashkët Katolike)
- Monday, Apr 18, 2022 - Catholic Easter (Pashkët Katolike)
- Sunday, Apr 24, 2022 - Orthodox Easter (Pashkët Ortodokse)
- Monday, Apr 25, 2022 - Orthodox Easter (Pashkët Ortodokse)
- Sunday, May 01, 2022 - Labour Day (Dita Ndërkombëtare e Punonjësve)
- Monday, May 02, 2022 - End of Ramadan (Eid al-Fitr) (Fitër Bajrami)
- Monday, May 02, 2022 - Labour Day (substitute day) (Dita Ndërkombëtare e Punonjësve (ditë zëvendësuese))
- Saturday, Jul 09, 2022 - Feast of the Sacrifice (Eid al-Adha) (Kurban Bajrami)
- Wednesday, Oct 19, 2022 - Mother Teresa Day (Dita e Nënë Terezës)
- Monday, Nov 28, 2022 - Independence Day (Dita e Pavarësisë)
- Tuesday, Nov 29, 2022 - Liberation Day (Dita e Çlirimit)
- Thursday, Dec 08, 2022 - Youth Day (Dita Kombëtare e Rinisë)
- Saturday, Dec 24, 2022 - Christmas Eve (Nata e Krishtlindjes)
- Sunday, Dec 25, 2022 - Christmas Day (Krishtlindja)
- Monday, Dec 26, 2022 - Christmas Day (substitute day) (Krishtlindja (ditë zëvendësuese))
Sick Leave Entitlement in Albania
In Albania, the employer pays 80% of the employee's salary for 14 days; thereafter employee benefits from social insurance scheme.
Parental Leave in Albania
Maternity: Female employees are entitled to 98-390 days of maternity leave depending on how many children they have. Payment of maternity leave is between 80%-50% of the employees' salary depending whether the leave is before or after the birth.
Paternity: Male employees are entitled to 3 days paid paternity leave
Parental: Parents are entitled to minimum 7 days' unpaid leave up to maximum 4 months until child is 6 year old.
Annual Leave Entitlement in Albania
Minimum paid annual leave in Albania is 4 weeks (20 working days). Unpaid leave is discretionary.
Severance Pay Entitlement in Albania
Severance pay is not applicable to fair and lawful terminations. Unlawful terminations may trigger severance liability which is based on a variety of factors, including length of service.
Termination in Albania
There are a range of legal reasons that an employer can use to terminate an employment relationship in Albania, which depend on the specific circumstances and can be very complex. Termination in Albania also needs to follow strict processes.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in Albania.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in Albania are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.