Global Employment Solutions & PEO in Lithuania
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in Lithuania. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- Euro (€, EUR)
- Payroll Frequency
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in Lithuania. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in Lithuania typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in Lithuania in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in Lithuania.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in Lithuania.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in Lithuania.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in Lithuania
Employer costs include Social Security - Unemployment, Long-term Employment Fund Contribution, and a Guarantee Fund Contribution. Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in Lithuania
20% flat rate.
Working Hours in Lithuania
Working hours are 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week. Overtime is capped and compensated.
Holidays & Vacation in Lithuania
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 - New Year's Day (Naujieji metai)
- Wednesday, Feb 16, 2022 - Day of Restoration of the State of Lithuania (Lietuvos valstybės atkūrimo diena)
- Friday, Mar 11, 2022 - Day of Restoration of Independence of Lithuania (Lietuvos nepriklausomybės atkūrimo diena)
- Sunday, Apr 17, 2022 - Easter Sunday (Velykos)
- Monday, Apr 18, 2022 - Easter Monday (Velykų pirmadienis)
- Sunday, May 01, 2022 - Labour Day (Tarptautinė darbo diena)
- Friday, Jun 24, 2022 - St. John's Day (Joninės, Rasos)
- Wednesday, Jul 06, 2022 - Statehood Day (Valstybės diena)
- Monday, Aug 15, 2022 - Assumption (Žolinė)
- Tuesday, Nov 01, 2022 - All Saints' Day (Visų šventųjų diena)
- Wednesday, Nov 02, 2022 - All Souls' Day (Vėlinės)
- Saturday, Dec 24, 2022 - Christmas Eve (Šv. Kūčios)
- Sunday, Dec 25, 2022 - Christmas Day (Šv. Kalėdos)
- Monday, Dec 26, 2022 - Boxing Day (2. Kalėdų diena)
Sick Leave Entitlement in Lithuania
Lithuanian employees can take a maximum of 120 consecutive sick days in a given year.
If an employee exceeds the sick leave thresholds, the employment contract is subject to termination with notice.
Parental Leave in Lithuania
Maternity: Lithuania has strong paid maternity leave regulations including 70 days before birth and 56 days after birth of paid maternity leave, totalling 18 weeks.
Paternity: Paternity leave laws call for partially-paid paternity leave for 30 days after birth.
Unpaid Childcare Leave: Lithuania offers parental leave until the child is 3 years old. Parental leave is paid directly by the State Social Insurance Fund and employees receive 100% of their wages for up to 1 year. If a parent chooses to receive benefits until the child is 2; 70% of their wages are paid until the child is 1 and 40% of wages thereafter.
Annual Leave Entitlement in Lithuania
Employees in Lithuania receive a minimum of four working weeks paid leave for a five-day week and five working weeks paid leave for a six-day week.
Severance Pay Entitlement in Lithuania
Severance is provided by law and amounts to the following:
2 months salary for less than 12 months of service
5-6 months salary for more than 12 months of service
In case of unfair dismissal, the employer is liable to pay further 6 months salary as additional severance.
Termination in Lithuania
Termination is difficult in Lithuania. Strict procedures must be followed and reasons for termination are set out in the Labour Code.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in Lithuania.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in Lithuania are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.