Global Employment Solutions & PEO in Greece
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in Greece. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- Euro (€, EUR)
- Payroll Frequency
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in Greece. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in Greece typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in Greece in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in Greece.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in Greece.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in Greece.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in Greece
Employer costs include the Unemployment Fund (contribution to the Labor Office), Main Pension, and Healthcare. Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in Greece
The rate of personal taxation varies depending on the income tax bracket the individual belongs to. This ranges between 9% - 44%.
Working Hours in Greece
Conventional working hours of up to 40 hours a week. Maximum of 8 hours a day. Overtime is allowed under additional requirements.
Holidays & Vacation in Greece
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 - New Year's Day (Πρωτοχρονιά)
- Thursday, Jan 06, 2022 - Epiphany (Θεοφάνεια)
- Monday, Mar 07, 2022 - Ash Sunday (Καθαρά Δευτέρα)
- Friday, Mar 25, 2022 - Annunciation, Anniversary of 1821 Revolution (Ευαγγελισμός, Εθνική Εορτή)
- Friday, Apr 22, 2022 - Good Friday (Μεγάλη Παρασκευή)
- Sunday, Apr 24, 2022 - Easter Sunday (Πάσχα)
- Monday, Apr 25, 2022 - Easter Monday (Δευτέρα του Πάσχα)
- Sunday, May 01, 2022 - Labour Day (Εργατική Πρωτομαγιά)
- Sunday, Jun 12, 2022 - Pentecost (Πεντηκοστή)
- Monday, Jun 13, 2022 - Whit Monday (Αγίου Πνεύματος)
- Monday, Aug 15, 2022 - Assumption (Κοίμηση της Θεοτόκου)
- Friday, Oct 28, 2022 - National Holiday (Επέτειος του Όχι)
- Sunday, Dec 25, 2022 - Christmas Day (Χριστούγεννα)
- Monday, Dec 26, 2022 - Boxing Day (Δεύτερη μέρα των Χριστουγέννων)
Sick Leave Entitlement in Greece
First 3 days for 50% of wage, paid by the employer. From day 4 statutory sick pay. The duration of paid sick leave depends on the duration of employment.
Parental Leave in Greece
Maternity leave of 17 weeks - 8 weeks before and 9 weeks after birth.
Paternity leave of 15 working days.
Annual Leave Entitlement in Greece
A progressive number of days, beginning with 20 during 1st year of employment. As well as 14 public holidays.
Severance Pay Entitlement in Greece
Severance is mandatory and paid only upon dismissal. In case an employee resigns, regardless of their years of employment, they are not due any severance payment.
Termination in Greece
The indefinite contract can be terminated at any time without reason, notice or severance during the first 12 months.
After 12 months, the validity of the termination requires notice and severance payment.
A valid reason is not required for termination but recommended in case of dispute and litigation.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in Greece.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in Greece are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.