Global Employment Solutions & PEO in Slovakia
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in Slovakia. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- Euro (€, EUR)
- Payroll Frequency
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in Slovakia. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in Slovakia typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in Slovakia in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in Slovakia.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in Slovakia.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in Slovakia.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in Slovakia
Employer costs include Old-age Insurance, Healthcare Insurance, and a Reserve Fund. Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in Slovakia
The rate of personal taxation varies depending on the income tax bracket the individual belongs to. This ranges between 19% - 25%.
Working Hours in Slovakia
8hrs per day – 40 hours per week. 5 day week (in general). Max. 48 hours a week, including overtime.
Holidays & Vacation in Slovakia
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Sunday, Jan 01, 2023 - New Year's Day (Deň vzniku Slovenskej republiky)
- Friday, Jan 06, 2023 - Epiphany (Zjavenie Pána)
- Friday, Apr 07, 2023 - Good Friday (Veľkonočný piatok)
- Monday, Apr 10, 2023 - Easter Monday (Veľkonočný pondelok)
- Monday, May 01, 2023 - Labour Day (Sviatok práce)
- Monday, May 08, 2023 - Day of victory over fascism (Deň víťazstva nad fašizmom)
- Wednesday, Jul 05, 2023 - Saints Cyril and Methodius Day (Sviatok svätého Cyrila a Metoda)
- Tuesday, Aug 29, 2023 - Slovak National Uprising anniversary (Výročie Slovenského národného povstania)
- Friday, Sep 01, 2023 - Constitution Day (Deň Ústavy)
- Friday, Sep 15, 2023 - Day of Our Lady of the Seven Sorrows (Sviatok Panny Márie Sedembolestnej)
- Wednesday, Nov 01, 2023 - All Saints' Day (Sviatok všetkých svätých)
- Friday, Nov 17, 2023 - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day (Deň boja za slobodu a demokraciu)
- Sunday, Dec 24, 2023 - Christmas Eve (Štedrý deň)
- Monday, Dec 25, 2023 - Christmas Day (Prvý sviatok vianočný)
- Tuesday, Dec 26, 2023 - Boxing Day (Druhý sviatok vianočný)
Sick Leave Entitlement in Slovakia
Employee entitled to 1 years' paid sick leave. For the first 10 days, entitled to “income compensation” provided by the employer. State social insurance pays from Day 11.
Parental Leave in Slovakia
Maternity leave of minimum 6 (maximum 8) weeks before and minimum 6 weeks after the birth.
Annual Leave Entitlement in Slovakia
Employees under 33 yo without children get 4 weeks of paid leave. Employees over 33 and/or with kids get 5 weeks of paid leave.
Severance Pay Entitlement in Slovakia
Severance payment is applicable for termination with a notice or with a mutual agreement.
Termination in Slovakia
Termination without cause only during the probation period. After probation, there needs to be a cause.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in Slovakia.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Expertise at your fingertips
Book your free consultation with one of our experts to see how easy it can be to employ in .
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in Slovakia are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.
Our clients rate us over 4.7 out of 5.
Want to see why?
Source: Trustpilot and G2 reviews in November 2022