Global Employment Solutions & PEO in Canada
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in Canada. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- Canadian dollar ($, CAD)
- English, French
- Payroll Frequency
- Employment Costs
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in Canada. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in Canada typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in Canada in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in Canada.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in Canada.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in Canada.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Partnering with a Professional Employer Organization (PEO), or Employer of Record (EOR), is often more effective, faster and less risky.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in Canada
Employer costs include the Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance, and Provincial Health Tax. In Quebec, they also include contribution to the QPIP (Quebec Parental Insurance Plan). Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in Canada
In Canada, employees pay income tax at graduated rates. This means that the tax rate goes up as income increases. In addition to federal tax, workers must also pay provincial tax which varies by province.
Working Hours in Canada
Typical Working Hours per Week:
Standard work hours in Canada are generally 8-hour days, or 40 hours per week. Typically the maximum number of hours worked in a week is 48 hours. This can be exceeded in special circumstances including permits, for emergency work, under an averaging plan, or a modified work schedule.
Any hours that exceed standard hours of work are considered overtime hours. Overtime pay in Canada is typically calculated at a higher rate than the regular hourly wage. Overtime laws in Canada are complex and can depend on the specific circumstances and the employee. We are happy to discuss this in more detail for a specific context.
Holidays & Vacation in Canada
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 - New Year's Day (Nouvel An)
- Friday, Apr 15, 2022 - Good Friday (Vendredi saint)
- Sunday, Apr 17, 2022 - Easter Sunday (Pâques)
- Monday, May 23, 2022 - Victoria Day (Fête de la Reine)
- Friday, Jul 01, 2022 - Canada Day (Fête du Canada)
- Monday, Aug 01, 2022 - Civic Holiday (Premier lundi d’août)
- Monday, Sep 05, 2022 - Labour Day (Fête du travail)
- Friday, Sep 30, 2022 - National Day for Truth and Reconciliation (Journée nationale de la vérité et de la réconciliation)
- Monday, Oct 10, 2022 - Thanksgiving (Action de grâce)
- Friday, Nov 11, 2022 - Remembrance Day (Jour du Souvenir)
- Sunday, Dec 25, 2022 - Christmas Day (Noël)
- Monday, Dec 26, 2022 - Boxing Day (Lendemain de Noël)
Sick Leave Entitlement in Canada
Sick leave varies between the Canadian provinces. At Omnipresent we are well-versed in provincial leave rules and can ensure that your employment contract reflects those requirements. Please contact us for further details.
Parental Leave in Canada
Parental leave (maternity and paternity) varies between the Canadian provinces. At Omnipresent we are well-versed in provincial leave rules and can ensure that your employment contract reflects those requirements. Please contact us for further details.
Annual Leave Entitlement in Canada
The national minimum annual leave entitlement in Canada is two weeks after the first year of employment. Annual leave varies between the Canadian provinces, but none are less than the standard leave amount. Please contact us for further details.
Severance Pay Entitlement in Canada
Employees may be eligible for severance pay, the amount of which depends on their length of service and the province that they are based in.
Termination in Canada
Employees can be terminated with ‘just cause’ or without cause. Termination regulations and procedures depends on the province.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in Canada.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in Canada are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.