Global Employment Solutions & PEO in Denmark
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in Denmark. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- Danish krone (kr, DKK)
- Payroll Frequency
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in Denmark. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in Denmark typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in Denmark in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in Denmark.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in Denmark.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in Denmark.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in Denmark
Employer costs include Public Social Security Schemes, Industrial Industries Insurance, and Mandatory Social Security (ATP). Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in Denmark
The rate of personal taxation varies depending on the income tax bracket the individual belongs to. This ranges between 8% - 56.5%.
Working Hours in Denmark
By default, the working week consists of 37 hours. The average week must not exceed 48 hours, including overtime, within a four-week reference period.
Holidays & Vacation in Denmark
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 - New Year's Day (Nytår)
- Thursday, Apr 14, 2022 - Maundy Thursday (Skærtorsdag)
- Friday, Apr 15, 2022 - Good Friday (Langfredag)
- Sunday, Apr 17, 2022 - Easter Sunday (Påskesøndag)
- Monday, Apr 18, 2022 - Easter Monday (Anden påskedag)
- Friday, May 13, 2022 - Prayer Day (Store Bededag)
- Thursday, May 26, 2022 - Ascension Day (Kristi Himmelfartsdag)
- Sunday, Jun 05, 2022 - Pentecost (Pinsedag)
- Monday, Jun 06, 2022 - Whit Monday (Anden Pinsedag)
- Sunday, Dec 25, 2022 - Christmas Day (Juledag)
- Monday, Dec 26, 2022 - Boxing Day (Anden Juledag)
Sick Leave Entitlement in Denmark
White-collar employees are entitled to full salary during sick leave, regardless of the duration of the leave. Blue-collar employees are not entitled to the paid sick leave unless agreed individually or CBA.
Parental Leave in Denmark
Maternity: A pregnant salaried employee is entitled to paid maternity leave from the employer from four weeks immediately before the expected date of birth until 14 weeks after childbirth.The statutory basic maternity benefit is paid by the employer and reimbursed by the state at a rate of 50% of the employees salary. Unless a CBA states otherwise.Requirements for statutory benefit:
Employee must be in work the day before the leave starts or on the first day of it.
Employee must have worked at least 160 hours within the last four whole months before the leave.
Employee must have worked at least 40 hours per month for at least three of those four months.
It is common in Denmark for employer to provide supplementary maternity benefits directly to their employees during pregnancy or maternity leave. This would either be:
paying the additional 50% to top up the salary to full pay
take advantage of the private scheme that applies to employers who pay employees whilst on maternity/paternity leave and are not part of another scheme such as collective trade union agreements.
Paternity: 2 weeks leave w/in first 14 weeks
Parental: 32 weeks' p/leave after the child is 14 weeks old.
Annual Leave Entitlement in Denmark
Average of 25 days paid p/a. 2,08 days of paid holidays during every month of employment. Excluding public holidays.
Severance Pay Entitlement in Denmark
No general statutory regulation on severance pay.
Termination in Denmark
White-collar dismissal must be objectively justified after 1 year of service.
Notice period depends on the duration of employment.
Blue-collar protection and notice period in CBA.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in Denmark.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in Denmark are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.