Global Employment Solutions & PEO in Spain
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in Spain. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- Euro (€, EUR)
- Payroll Frequency
- Employment Costs
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in Spain. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in Spain typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in Spain in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in Spain.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in Spain.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in Spain.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in Spain
Employer costs include Common Contingencies, Social: Unemployment, and Mutual Accident Insurance. Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in Spain
The rates are progressive and depend on the employee's salary.
Working Hours in Spain
An employee can work a maximum of 40 hours per week (9 hours maximum per day). It is not possible to contract out of these limits. Overtime is capped at 80 hours per year and this must be paid, at more than the usual pay rate. all employees must record their actual working hours daily and keep that log with the company.
Holidays & Vacation in Spain
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 - New Year's Day (Año Nuevo)
- Thursday, Jan 06, 2022 - Epiphany (Día de los Reyes Magos)
- Thursday, Apr 14, 2022 - Maundy Thursday (Jueves Santo)
- Friday, Apr 15, 2022 - Good Friday (Viernes Santo)
- Sunday, May 01, 2022 - Labour Day (Día del trabajador)
- Monday, Aug 15, 2022 - Assumption (Asunción)
- Wednesday, Oct 12, 2022 - Fiesta Nacional de España (Fiesta Nacional de España)
- Tuesday, Nov 01, 2022 - All Saints' Day (Todos los Santos)
- Tuesday, Dec 06, 2022 - Día de la Constitución Española (Día de la Constitución Española)
- Thursday, Dec 08, 2022 - Immaculate Conception (La inmaculada concepción)
- Sunday, Dec 25, 2022 - Christmas Day (Navidad)
- Monday, Dec 26, 2022 - Christmas Day (substitute day) (Navidad (día sustituto))
Sick Leave Entitlement in Spain
Employees are entitled to partially paid sick leave (60-75%) for a maximum of 1 year, or in certain circumstances they may be eligible to apply for extended leave of up to 18 months. The employer makes the payments but will be reimbursed by Social Security Department.
Parental Leave in Spain
Maternity leave includes 16 weeks all of which are paid. Father entitled to same leave as mother.
Annual Leave Entitlement in Spain
Employees under Omnipresent / our local partners receive 23 working days of annual leave. The minimum leave at law is actually 30 calendar days (approx. 22 working days).
Severance Pay Entitlement in Spain
Apart from gross misconduct, all other terminations require a minimum severance amount to be paid.
Termination in Spain
It is very difficult to legally terminate an employee other than for gross misconduct.
A formal process must be followed, before a termination notice can be issued.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in Spain.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in Spain are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.