Global Employment Solutions & PEO in Japan
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in Japan. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- Japanese yen (¥, JPY)
- Payroll Frequency
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in Japan. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in Japan typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in Japan in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in Japan.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in Japan.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in Japan.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in Japan
Employer costs include Pension Insurance, Health Insurance, and Long-term Care Insurance. Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in Japan
Income tax and resident tax are deducted from payroll. The rate of personal taxation varies depending on the income tax bracket the individual belongs to. This ranges between 5% - 45%.
Working Hours in Japan
The typical working week in Japan consists of 40 hours per week. Overtime laws in Japan are complex and can depend on the specific circumstances and the employee.
Holidays & Vacation in Japan
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 - New Year's Day (元日)
- Sunday, Jan 02, 2022 - January 2nd (銀行休業日)
- Monday, Jan 03, 2022 - January 3rd (銀行休業日)
- Monday, Jan 10, 2022 - Coming of Age Day (成人の日)
- Friday, Feb 11, 2022 - Foundation Day (建国記念の日)
- Wednesday, Feb 23, 2022 - Emperor's Birthday (天皇誕生日)
- Monday, Mar 21, 2022 - Spring Equinox Day (春分の日)
- Friday, Apr 29, 2022 - Showa Day (昭和の日)
- Tuesday, May 03, 2022 - Constitution Day (憲法記念日)
- Wednesday, May 04, 2022 - Greenery Day (みどりの日)
- Thursday, May 05, 2022 - Children's Day (こどもの日)
- Monday, Jul 18, 2022 - Marine Day (海の日)
- Thursday, Aug 11, 2022 - Mountain Day (山の日)
- Monday, Sep 19, 2022 - Respect-for-the-Aged Day (敬老の日)
- Friday, Sep 23, 2022 - Autumnal Equinox Day (秋分の日)
- Monday, Oct 10, 2022 - Sports Day (スポーツの日)
- Thursday, Nov 03, 2022 - Culture Day (文化の日)
- Wednesday, Nov 23, 2022 - Labor Thanksgiving Day (勤労感謝の日)
- Saturday, Dec 31, 2022 - New Year's Eve (大晦日)
Sick Leave Entitlement in Japan
No statutory right to paid sick leave (unless the work rules or employment contract provide otherwise).
Parental Leave in Japan
Maternity leave includes 14 weeks at two thirds of the base salary, which is covered by social insurance. Childcare leave applies to both female and male employees.
Annual Leave Entitlement in Japan
Annual leave entitlement depends on how much time the employee has worked. Minimum of 10 days' paid annual leave.
Severance Pay Entitlement in Japan
No statutory entitlement to severance pay. Generally a matter for negotiation.
Termination in Japan
Termination must be for cause. Termination without cause is highly difficult to be accepted by Courts. Best to terminate by mutual agreement.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in Japan.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in Japan are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.