Global Employment Solutions & PEO in Costa Rica
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in Costa Rica. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- San José
- Costa Rican colón (₡, CRC)
- Payroll Frequency
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in Costa Rica. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in Costa Rica typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in Costa Rica in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in Costa Rica.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in Costa Rica.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in Costa Rica.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in Costa Rica
Employer costs include Sick Insurance, ASFA (Family Allowances), and Vacation Pay. Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in Costa Rica
Income tax rates for individuals and companies is calculated depending on gross income on a progressive scale. Income tax ranges from 0% to 25% for individuals.
Working Hours in Costa Rica
48 hours/week max. Over 48 hours is considered overtime and paid at 150%-200% regular salary. Overtime is capped at max 4 hours/day. Exempt employees (managers, administrators, legal representatives) are exempt from these limitations.
Holidays & Vacation in Costa Rica
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 - New Year's Day (Año Nuevo)
- Monday, Apr 11, 2022 - Gesta Heroica de Juan Santamaría (Gesta Heroica de Juan Santamaría)
- Thursday, Apr 14, 2022 - Maundy Thursday (Jueves Santo)
- Friday, Apr 15, 2022 - Good Friday (Viernes Santo)
- Sunday, May 01, 2022 - Labour Day (Día del trabajador)
- Monday, Jul 25, 2022 - Guanacaste Day (Anexión del Partido de Nicoya)
- Tuesday, Aug 02, 2022 - Our Lady of Los Ángeles (Día de la Virgen de los Ángeles)
- Monday, Aug 15, 2022 - Mother's Day (Día de la Madre)
- Thursday, Sep 15, 2022 - Independence Day (Día de la Independencia)
- Wednesday, Oct 12, 2022 - Columbus Day (Día de la Raza)
- Sunday, Dec 25, 2022 - Christmas Day (Navidad)
Sick Leave Entitlement in Costa Rica
First 3 days paid at 50% regular salary by employer and CCSS. From 4th day paid at 60% regular salary by CCSS.
Parental Leave in Costa Rica
Maternity: 1 month of prenatal leave and 3 months of postpartum leave. 50% paid by the employer and the other 50% is paid by the CCSS.
Paternity/Parental: None for private sector employees.
Annual Leave Entitlement in Costa Rica
After 50 weeks continuous service - min. 2 weeks paid annual leave, if less than 50 weeks continuous service - 1 day / month of service + PH.
Severance Pay Entitlement in Costa Rica
Yes but only if employee is terminated without cause by the employer or if the employee quits for cause. Based on duration of employment and ranges from 7 - 22 days of wages.
Termination in Costa Rica
Termination can be with or without cause. Acceptable grounds are set out in Article 81 of the Labour Code. The employer is required to issue a letter including the reason for termination. If termination is without cause, the employer will have to pay severance.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in Costa Rica.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in Costa Rica are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.