Global Employment Solutions & PEO in Puerto Rico
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in Puerto Rico. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- San Juan
- United States dollar ($, USD)
- Spanish, English
- Payroll Frequency
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in Puerto Rico. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in Puerto Rico typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in Puerto Rico in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in Puerto Rico.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in Puerto Rico.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in Puerto Rico.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in Puerto Rico
Employer costs include Federal Insurance Contribution Act (FICA) Social Security and Medicare, Unemployment Tax (FUTA and SUTA), and Workers' Compensation Insurance. Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in Puerto Rico
The rate of personal taxation varies depending on the income tax bracket the individual belongs to. This ranges between 0% - 33%.
Working Hours in Puerto Rico
Holidays & Vacation in Puerto Rico
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 - New Year's Day (Año Nuevo)
- Thursday, Jan 06, 2022 - Epiphany (Día de los Reyes Magos)
- Monday, Jan 10, 2022 - Birthday of Eugenio María de Hostos (Natalicio de Eugenio María de Hostos)
- Monday, Jan 17, 2022 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Natalicio de Martin Luther King, Jr.)
- Friday, Feb 18, 2022 - Birthday of Luis Muñoz Marín (Natalicio de Luis Muñoz Marín)
- Monday, Feb 21, 2022 - Washington's Birthday (Día de los Presidentes)
- Wednesday, Mar 02, 2022 - American Citizenship Day (Día de la Ciudadanía Americana)
- Tuesday, Mar 22, 2022 - Emancipation Day (Día de la Abolición de Esclavitud)
- Saturday, Apr 16, 2022 - Birthday of José de Diego (Natalicio de José de Diego)
- Monday, May 30, 2022 - Memorial Day (Recordación de los Muertos de la Guerra)
- Sunday, Jun 19, 2022 - Juneteenth (Juneteenth)
- Monday, Jun 20, 2022 - Juneteenth (substitute day) (Juneteenth (día sustituto))
- Monday, Jul 04, 2022 - Independence Day (Día de la Independencia)
- Monday, Jul 18, 2022 - Birthday of Don Luis Muñoz Rivera (Natalicio de Don Luis Muñoz Rivera)
- Monday, Jul 25, 2022 - Puerto Rico Constitution Day (Constitución de Puerto Rico)
- Wednesday, Jul 27, 2022 - Birthday of Dr. José Celso Barbosa (Natalicio de Dr. José Celso Barbosa)
- Monday, Sep 05, 2022 - Labour Day (Día del trabajador)
- Monday, Oct 10, 2022 - Columbus Day (Descubrimiento de América)
- Friday, Nov 11, 2022 - Veterans Day (Día del Veterano)
- Saturday, Nov 19, 2022 - Discovery of Puerto Rico (Día del Descubrimiento de Puerto Rico)
- Thursday, Nov 24, 2022 - Thanksgiving Day (Acción de Gracias)
- Sunday, Dec 25, 2022 - Christmas Day (Navidad)
- Monday, Dec 26, 2022 - Christmas Day (substitute day) (Navidad (día sustituto))
Sick Leave Entitlement in Puerto Rico
The minimum accrual of paid sick leave for each month:
1 day, in which the employee worked at least 115 hours
0.5 day, in which the employee worked for 20-115 hours
Parental Leave in Puerto Rico
Annual Leave Entitlement in Puerto Rico
Annual leave starts to accrue once the employee starts employment with the employer, i.e., probation periods should not affect such accrual. Annual leave depends on number of employees of the employer and length of service ranging between 0.25 to 1.25 days accrued per month.
Severance Pay Entitlement in Puerto Rico
For employees terminated after 10 July 2022 (for normal enterprises) or after 18 September 2022 (for micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises), severance pay equals:
0-15 years of service = 3 months’ salary (severance pay) + 2 weeks’ salary (progressive indemnity) for each year of service
Over 15 years of service = 6 months’ salary (severance pay) + 3 weeks’ salary (progressive indemnity) for each year of service
Termination in Puerto Rico
For termination of indefinite term contracts, there must be just cause. For termination of fixed term contracts there is no need to terminate for just cause.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in Puerto Rico.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in Puerto Rico are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.