Global Employment Solutions & PEO in Cyprus
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in Cyprus. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- Euro (€, EUR)
- Greek, Turkish
- Payroll Frequency
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in Cyprus. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in Cyprus typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in Cyprus in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in Cyprus.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in Cyprus.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in Cyprus.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in Cyprus
Employer costs include Social Insurance, the GESY Fund, and the Redundancy Fund. Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in Cyprus
The rate of personal taxation varies depending on the income tax bracket the individual belongs to. This ranges between 0% - 35%.
Working Hours in Cyprus
Weekly working hours including overtime for 5 days/week must be limited to 48 hours.
Holidays & Vacation in Cyprus
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 - New Year's Day (Πρωτοχρονιά)
- Thursday, Jan 06, 2022 - Epiphany (Θεοφάνεια)
- Tuesday, Mar 08, 2022 - Clean Monday (Καθαρά Δευτέρα)
- Friday, Mar 25, 2022 - Annunciation, Anniversary of 1821 Revolution (Ευαγγελισμός, Εθνική Εορτή)
- Friday, Apr 01, 2022 - Cyprus National Day (Κύπρος Εθνική Εορτή)
- Friday, Apr 22, 2022 - Good Friday (Μεγάλη Παρασκευή)
- Sunday, Apr 24, 2022 - Easter Sunday (Πάσχα)
- Monday, Apr 25, 2022 - Easter Monday (Δευτέρα του Πάσχα)
- Sunday, May 01, 2022 - Labour Day (Εργατική Πρωτομαγιά)
- Sunday, Jun 12, 2022 - Pentecost (Πεντηκοστή)
- Monday, Aug 15, 2022 - Assumption (Κοίμηση της Θεοτόκου)
- Saturday, Oct 01, 2022 - Cyprus Independence Day (Ημέρα της Ανεξαρτησίας Κύπρος)
- Friday, Oct 28, 2022 - National Holiday (Επέτειος του Όχι)
- Sunday, Dec 25, 2022 - Christmas Day (Χριστούγεννα)
- Monday, Dec 26, 2022 - Boxing Day (Δεύτερη μέρα των Χριστουγέννων)
Sick Leave Entitlement in Cyprus
No legal obligation to paid sick leave for the employer. Employees can be entitled to a statutory sick leave from Social Insurance.
Parental Leave in Cyprus
Maternity: 26 consecutive weeks, 11 are compulsory, 2 before and 9 after birth.
Paternity: 2 consecutive days.
Parental: Mother and father with 6 months continuous service entitled to up to 18 weeks unpaid parental leave for childbirth or adoption.
Annual Leave Entitlement in Cyprus
Minimum of 20 days paid leave for a 5 days/week and 24 days for a 6 days/week of full time employment.
Severance Pay Entitlement in Cyprus
Severance pay for unlawful termination and/or for continuous employment.
Termination in Cyprus
After the probation period, the termination needs to have a cause to be lawful.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in Cyprus.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in Cyprus are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.