Global Employment Solutions & PEO in Serbia
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in Serbia. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- Serbian dinar (дин., RSD)
- Payroll Frequency
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in Serbia. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in Serbia typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in Serbia in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in Serbia.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in Serbia.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in Serbia.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in Serbia
Employer costs include Pension and Disability Insurance and Health Insurance. Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in Serbia
Employee income follows a flat tax range between 10 - 20% and is dependent on annual income.
Working Hours in Serbia
40 hours per week. Usually a 5 day week, 8 hours per day, but working hours may also be organised differently, within the limits set by the Labor Law.
Holidays & Vacation in Serbia
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 - New Year's Day (Нова година)
- Monday, Jan 03, 2022 - New Year's Day (Нова година)
- Friday, Jan 07, 2022 - Orthodox Christmas (Божић)
- Tuesday, Feb 15, 2022 - Statehood Day (Дан државности Србије)
- Wednesday, Feb 16, 2022 - Statehood Day (Дан државности Србије)
- Friday, Apr 22, 2022 - Orthodox Good Friday (Велики петак)
- Sunday, Apr 24, 2022 - Orthodox Easter (Васкрс)
- Monday, Apr 25, 2022 - Orthodox Easter Monday (Васкрсни понедељак)
- Monday, May 02, 2022 - Labour Day (Празник рада)
- Tuesday, May 03, 2022 - Labour Day (Празник рада)
- Friday, Nov 11, 2022 - Armistice Day (Дан примирја)
Sick Leave Entitlement in Serbia
Employee entitled to paid sick leave for 30 days either 65% average salary within last 12 months: non-work-related sickness or injury or; 100% average salary within last 12 months: confirmed work-related sickness or injury.
Parental Leave in Serbia
Maternity Leave: Maternity leave includes pregnancy leave between 45 and 28 days before birth and for 3 months after birth and childcare leave. Pregnancy leave and childcare leave are jointly maximum 1 year and paid 100% by State.
Parental Leave: 1 parent of a child who needs special care due to serious psychological or physical sickness entitled to parental leave, or to work part-time until the child is 5. This leave is immediately post maternity leave and paid by State.
Annual Leave Entitlement in Serbia
Annual leave in Serbia is 20 days, excluding public holidays. Other unpaid and paid leave may be applicable.
Severance Pay Entitlement in Serbia
In redundancy situations, the severance payment is a prerequisite for termination. No mandatory severance payments for termination on other grounds.
Termination in Serbia
Termination in Serbia is difficult. The employer must provide cause for dismissal and follow procedural requirements.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in Serbia.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in Serbia are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.