Global Employment Solutions & PEO in Taiwan
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in Taiwan. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- New Taiwan dollar ($, TWD)
- Payroll Frequency
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in Taiwan. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in Taiwan typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in Taiwan in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in Taiwan.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in Taiwan.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in Taiwan.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in Taiwan
Employer costs include Labor Insurance, Labor Pension, and National Health Insurance (NKI). Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in Taiwan
The rate of personal taxation varies depending on the income tax bracket the individual belongs to. This ranges between 5% - 40%.
Working Hours in Taiwan
Standard is 40 hours 5 days/week. Overtime restriction. Scaling overtime payment. Employees are entitled to a minimum of 2 days off each week.
Holidays & Vacation in Taiwan
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 - Founding of the Republic of China (中華民國開國紀念日 / 元旦)
- Monday, Jan 31, 2022 - Chinese New Year's Eve (農曆除夕)
- Tuesday, Feb 01, 2022 - Chinese New Year (農曆年初一)
- Wednesday, Feb 02, 2022 - The second day of the Chinese New Year (農曆年初二)
- Thursday, Feb 03, 2022 - The third day of the Chinese New Year (農曆年初三)
- Friday, Feb 04, 2022 - The forth day of the Chinese New Year (農曆年初四)
- Saturday, Feb 05, 2022 - Chinese New Year Holiday (农历新年假期)
- Monday, Feb 28, 2022 - Peace Memorial Day (228和平紀念日)
- Monday, Apr 04, 2022 - Children's Day (兒童節)
- Tuesday, Apr 05, 2022 - Tomb Sweeping Day (淸明節)
- Friday, Jun 03, 2022 - Dragon Boat Festival (端午節)
- Saturday, Sep 10, 2022 - Mid-Autumn Festival (中秋節)
- Monday, Oct 10, 2022 - National Day / Double Tenth Day (國慶日 / 雙十節)
Sick Leave Entitlement in Taiwan
Employees may take 30 days of sick leave per year at half wage if not hospitalised. If hospitalised 1 year of sick leave within 2 years is allowed.
Parental Leave in Taiwan
Maternity leave of up to 8 weeks. Mother gets 100 % wage if she worked for the company 6 months prior to birth, otherwise 50%.
Paid paternity leave of 5 days.
Annual Leave Entitlement in Taiwan
Annual leave entitlement is not very generous and depends on the total time of employment. Ranges between 3 - 15 days.
Severance Pay Entitlement in Taiwan
Severance payment after the trial period depends on the duration of employment.
Termination in Taiwan
The LSA contains an exhaustive list of the grounds for termination. Notice period may depend on the duration of employment, type of contract, termination cause, terminating party.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in Taiwan.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in Taiwan are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.