Global Employment Solutions & PEO in South Africa
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in South Africa. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- Pretoria, Bloemfontein, Cape Town
- South African rand (R, ZAR)
- Afrikaans, English, Southern Ndebele, Northern Sotho, Southern Sotho, Swazi, Tswana, Tsonga, Venda, Xhosa, Zulu
- Payroll Frequency
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in South Africa. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in South Africa typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in South Africa in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in South Africa.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in South Africa.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in South Africa.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in South Africa
Employer costs include the Unemployment Insurance Fund, Skills Development Levy (SDL), and Workers' Compensation. Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in South Africa
The rate of personal taxation varies depending on the income tax bracket the individual belongs to. This ranges between 18% - 45%.
Working Hours in South Africa
The maximum weekly working time permitted by law is 45 hours.
Overtime laws are complex and can depend on the specific circumstances and the employee.
Holidays & Vacation in South Africa
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 - New Year's Day
- Monday, Mar 21, 2022 - Human Rights Day
- Friday, Apr 15, 2022 - Good Friday
- Monday, Apr 18, 2022 - Family Day
- Wednesday, Apr 27, 2022 - Freedom Day
- Sunday, May 01, 2022 - Workers' Day
- Monday, May 02, 2022 - Public Holiday
- Thursday, Jun 16, 2022 - Youth Day
- Tuesday, Aug 09, 2022 - National Women's Day
- Saturday, Sep 24, 2022 - Heritage Day
- Friday, Dec 16, 2022 - Day of Reconciliation
- Sunday, Dec 25, 2022 - Christmas Day
- Monday, Dec 26, 2022 - Day of Goodwill
Sick Leave Entitlement in South Africa
1 paid sick day for every 26 days worked.
After 6 months, sick leave allowance increases.
Sick leave to be fully funded by the employer.
Parental Leave in South Africa
Mandatory 6 weeks of unpaid maternity leave after birth.
10 consecutive days of unpaid paternity leave.
Payment at employer's discretion.
There are other types of leaves.
Annual Leave Entitlement in South Africa
The entitlement is 21 consecutive days (equal to 15 working days) of paid annual leave.
Severance Pay Entitlement in South Africa
Severance in South Africa typically includes 1 week’s pay for every 1 year of service. This is typically awarded only for redundancy, not for other dismissals.
Termination in South Africa
Termination without cause is not permitted in South Africa.
Employees can be dismissed for misconduct, incapacity or redundancy. A formal process must be followed.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in South Africa.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in South Africa are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.