Global Employment Solutions & PEO in Netherlands
Omnipresent makes it fast and easy to employ remote talent in Netherlands. We take care of payroll, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business.
- Capital City
- Euro (€, EUR)
- Payroll Frequency
- Employment Costs
Omnipresent Employment Rating
How do Omnipresent Global Employment Solutions Work?
Omnipresent provides global employment solutions and professional employment organisation (PEO) services for companies looking to grow and build out a global team in Netherlands. Traditional methods of establishing global employment and subsidiaries in Netherlands typically take months and can incur heavy costs. Omnipresent's global employment solutions and PEO services is helping hundreds of organisations onboard new employees in Netherlands in a matter of days with full compliance of local labour laws. We use a tech-forward approach to streamline the process.
- Your company conducts the hiring and candidate selection process in Netherlands.
- Omnipresent hires the selected candidate through our local professional employment organisation in Netherlands.
- We take care of ensuring your new employee is hired in compliance with local labour laws, payroll regulations, benefits and more -- all without needing to set up a subsidiary in Netherlands.
- The individual is legally contracted by Omnipresent but assigned to work for your company and reports to a manager or team in your organisation as your full-time employee.
Partnering with a Professional Employer Organization (PEO), or Employer of Record (EOR), is often more effective, faster and less risky.
Curious to learn more?
Employer Costs in Netherlands
Employer costs include Private Pension Plan, Health Insurance Act, and Disability Act. Use the OmniCalculator to estimate costs, or contact us for further information.
Employee Income Taxes in Netherlands
The rate of personal taxation varies depending on the income tax bracket the individual belongs to.
Working Hours in Netherlands
Max. 12 hours per/day and 60 hours/week. Can vary per sector. Cannot contract out of this. Overtime is regulated as per CBA or employment contract. A full-time working week usually is during five days a week, from Monday to Friday, between 36 to 40 hours.
Holidays & Vacation in Netherlands
Please note that the below information covers national holidays and should be used for informative purposes only and not as a guarantee for payroll purposes. While we strive to offer you accurate information, public holidays are subject to frequent changes and can be dependent on regional differences. Should you need more detailed information on public holidays, please consult the government pages of the state and/or the local municipality of your employee.
- Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 - New Year's Day (Nieuwjaar)
- Friday, Apr 15, 2022 - Good Friday (Goede Vrijdag)
- Sunday, Apr 17, 2022 - Easter Sunday (Pasen)
- Monday, Apr 18, 2022 - Easter Monday (Tweede paasdag)
- Wednesday, Apr 27, 2022 - Koningsdag (Koningsdag)
- Thursday, May 26, 2022 - Ascension Day (O.L.H. Hemelvaart)
- Sunday, Jun 05, 2022 - Pentecost (Pinksteren)
- Monday, Jun 06, 2022 - Whit Monday (Tweede pinksterdag)
- Sunday, Dec 25, 2022 - Christmas Day (Kerstmis)
- Monday, Dec 26, 2022 - Boxing Day (Tweede kerstdag)
- Saturday, Dec 31, 2022 - New Year's Eve (Oudejaarsavond)
Sick Leave Entitlement in Netherlands
Employees are entitled to up to 2 years sick leave. The minimum sick pay is a payment of 70% of employees wages paid by employer. Employers often top up to 100% of wages.
Parental Leave in Netherlands
Maternity leave: A minimum of 16 weeks fully paid by Employee Insurance Agency.
Paternity/Partner Leave: Partners of an employee who gives birth are entitled to 1 week of fully paid paternity/partner leave after the birth of a child. Can be taken any time in the first 4 weeks after the birth. Partners may also be entitled to unpaid leave.
Annual Leave Entitlement in Netherlands
Min. 20 working days, excluding public holidays.
Many companies offer more than the minimum number of days.
Severance Pay Entitlement in Netherlands
All employees from Day 1 are entitled to mandatory severance pay (called a "transitievergoeding" or "Transition Payment") equal to 1/3 of monthly salary for each year worked up to a maximum of EUR83,000 or 1 year’s salary whichever is highest.
Termination in Netherlands
Termination must be for cause and must be approved by the Labour courts unless it is during the probation period or where a fixed-term contract has expired. Most employers use settlement agreements to avoid the lengthy formal process.
Estimate employment costs with OmniCalculator
Global Employment Cost Calculator
Get an estimate of the employment costs for hiring in Netherlands.
GBP 60,000 annual salary
* These employer costs are subject to frequent updates, and can depend on a variety of employee variables. They are only a ballpark estimate, and the actual figure may be above or below the quoted amount based on a number of variables. These estimates represent a monthly average each year. In some cases, contribution maximums will lead to payments earlier in the year being larger, before being reduced once max is hit. If a 13th and 14th month are applicable, these have been pro-rated into the gross salaries.
Employ the Best Talent, Anywhere in the World
Grow Your Global Team
The benefits of growing a global team and finding the best talent anywhere in the world are endless. It's important to note that labour laws and regulations in Netherlands are strict with penalties for non-compliance. Let our team take care of the details such as payroll, benefits, compliance, taxes, and admin so you can focus on growing your business. We're here to help you every step of the way.